Friday, October 17, 2014

Begin Anywhere


I have decided to do all the things. 

That's all on that for now. A quick PSA, if you will.

Whilst, guys. I kid you not.

If you are reading this, you probably know that I am not currently in the U.S. (Yeah, I know. It happened kinda suddenly for me, too.) Anyway, it is not a drill: I have officially run away to London to get a Masters in Theatremaking with Rose Bruford College of Theatre & Performance. For the next year and a bit I will be living in the borough of Hackney in inner London, studying with an ensemble of eight fellow actor/performance-artist/theatre-dork-delights from various countries, and working full-time towards epic personal theatrical badassery. 

So far I've had only three days with my new ensemble family, and I'm already totally overwhelmed by how much we can teach each other, how many ways I want to grow, and how much discipline will be required of me to do so.

Which is why I've accepted a very generous invitation to see a concert in Bologna this weekend. I am writing this from the plane. All of the things.

By Sunday evening I'll be back in London, viewing yet more flatshares to let, and by Monday morning I'll be back in class, living the all yes, no waiting, all-life all-the-time show. 

I intend not to miss a thing. 

Let's see how I do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss thee! Why don't you ever Skype with your twin for Pete's sake!

Unknown said...

Blog on Boo!

molly said...

I don't understand posts on blogs but here goes.

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I have a friend you really must meet. Send me word when you are ready.