Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Botany of Bologna

Things to do in Bologna for exactly zero euros: visit the Botanical gardens. They're okay.



Okay.



Fine.


Yeah, well, I guess your buildings are awesome.


And your plants are very pretty. With very cool colors.


And downright adorable teeny tiny pomegranates.

Okay okay okay, enough already, you guys are awesome. You happy now?

Best though? I honestly thought the Gardens were littered with a surprising number of tennis balls. I'm a dunce, sure. But look at the thing:

Ladies and Gents: the Osage Orange, tennis ball of the plant world.
 Then Mike balanced three of them and made a snowman. Genius.


The eyes were already there. Unbelievable. I love you, Osage Orangeman!


 Well, that's all I've got for Italian plants, but stay tuned for Italian street art. It's a doozy.

No comments: