Thursday, October 30, 2014

Goodbye Bologna, belatedly...

Yes, yes, I realize I left Bologna over a week ago. Sue me. Here are my final highlights and I will move on, I promise. I may even catch up to the present day, who knows?

Needs no caption. Obvi.

Favorite quotations in other languages. Happymaking. 
My people! 

Soul crushing = missing Chekhov in Italian by ONE WEEK. The humanity.
When in doubt, cured meats to the rescue. The guy who runs this place is the real deal.
But really, there's just simply no shortage of awesomeness in Bologna, ever. Just about everything I stumbled upon was endlessly entertaining. In some cases I am not sure the Bolognians realize how funny they are. In other cases they must. In all cases, my quality of life went up. Go Bologna.

Exhibit A: Charles Darwin, pictured in his rare flower-afro phase. Wait, what?
Exhibit B: The Bologna Phonebooth. The perfect pretend-you-are-in-a-70's-spy-movie opportunity.
Yeah, there's Mike again. Typical Mike. For those wishing to know more about my new good friend Mike: he is an Engineer/Comedian of Canadian origin. It is possible that he is a funny guy, but if you have fifteen minutes you can decide for yourself. But I digress…
Exhibit C: The actual awning of a restaurant. I can't.

Exhibit D: Moose hat!

Exhibit forget-about-it: I ALWAYS wear a sexy spoon-hawk with demitasse-earrings when swimming in a coffee-lake. Anyone else?

Baby Armani. That's a shearling lined aviator sleep sack on the right. Just sayin'.

In the hotel elevator. 

But for the ultimate combination of beautiful, awe-inspiring, historical, mildly creepy, and undeniably weird, I give you the Anatomical Theatre!


No, really. Absurdly intense woodwork inside, and smokin'-hot marble and paintwork outside. 1636, motherf%$!ers. Check it out:







So yeah, that's my best attempt to show a bit of the awesome that is Bologna.

Other bits of awesome that went unphotographed included: becoming a member of the CovoClub (hilarious), seeing Death from Above live for the first time (so rad), and staying at the Hotel Cavour (surprisingly swanky). 

The last morning before heading back to London I had fluffy-Italian-custard-pastry-of-win with a perfect cappuccino. Hell to the yes. 

So I guess it's goodbye for now, Bologna, but I will definitely be back.

Coming soon: Life in London town...


No comments: